232 – The BEST gluten free cookies ever! / أفضل كوكيز خالية من الغلوتين
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp + 1tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, room temperature (even softer if you’re hand mixing)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (if unavailable, substitute with honey)
- 1 jumbo egg (or 2 small eggs), room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar) + 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (recipe used a mix of chunky and regular)
- 1 tsp large sea salt crystals (garnish at the end if desired)
Step 1: Mixing the Wet Ingredients
1- Using a food processor, mix the following ingredients: butter, almond butter, egg, coconut sugar, and the vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Step 2: Mixing In the Dry Ingredients
1- Add to the butter mixture, the rest of the ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until you get a smooth texture. From time to time, scrape the sides of the food processor using a spatula to make sure that all the ingredients are well mixed-in.
2- Place the dough in a bowl and add the chocolate chips. Using a spoon, make sure that the chocolate chips are well-incorporated into the dough.
Step 3: Shaping and Baking the Cookies
1- Preheat your oven to 350 F (176 C).
2- Using a large spoon, or even better an ice cream scooper, place portions of the dough in a baking pan covered with parchment paper.
3- Place a piece of parchment on top of the dough balls, and gently press on top of the parchment paper to flatten the cookies.
4- Bake the cookies for around 9-11 minutes. Make sure not to overbake.
5- Once the cookies are done, they will be soft, so let them cool down before you eat them. They will be soft and chewy!