234 – Vermicelli Moroccan Style / وصفة الشعرية المغربية
- 1 chicken giblets (heart, liver, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- A pinch of saffron threads (optional)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 rolls of Chinese vermicelli 16 oz (57 grams) each
1. Place the Chinese vermicelli in a bowl and cover it with boiling water. Let the vermicelli sit for 5-10 minutes until it softens.
2. In a cooking pan, on medium heat, drizzle the olive oil. Add the spices and the lemon juice and mix well. Add the crushed garlic. Let the spices heat on the pan for a few minutes to get a flavor boost.
3. Add the chicken gizmo to the pan and mix them well with the spices. Add a little bit of hot water to cook the gizmo. Cook on medium high heat for around 10-15 minutes. Stir from time to time and add water if necessary (there should always be around 1/2 cup of sauce).
4. When the noodles soften, cut them with the cissors to get shorter noodles.
5. Check on the gizmo, reduce the heat to medium, and cut the gizmos with a wooden spoon into small pieces.
6. Drain the noodles from the water and add them to the sauce pan. Mix with the gizmo and the sauce.
7. Cook the noodles on low heat for around 5 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
Serve hot! Bon Appetit!
Note: This is the basic recipe with just the spices and gizmos, but feel free to add more ingredients to it like pieces of olives, or black mushrooms, seafood, vegetables, or whatever your favorite ingredient is!