383 – Meat Croissant Sandwiches and Sliders / شطائر اللحم
- 1/4 lb. (150g) Ground beef or lamb (or a combination of the two)
- 1/4 of Medium onion (grated)
- A handful of green olives (chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 teaspoons Paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- Olive oil
- Croissant, sliders, hamburger buns, batbout, etc.
- Shredded cheese
- Lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
- Harissa, ketchup, mustard, etc
1- In a large bowl, add the meat, chopped green olives, chopped parsley, and spices. Mix well.
2- Cover your bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or even overnight) for the meat to marinate
3- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil. Heat a bit on medium heat, and add the meat in there.
4- Break the meat using a wooden spoon and cook until the meat changes color from red to brown. It will take around 5 minutes or so, do not overcook! It has to be juicy!
5- Taste the meat and adjust the spices accordingly
5- To make the sandwiches, slice the croissants (or whatever bread you are using), added shredded cheese, and toast in the oven.
6- Remove from the oven, spread some Harissa (or ketchup), layer the slices of tomatoes and lettuce. Add the ground meat and close your sandwich.
7- Serve immediately. YUM!