Alia’s Tips: How to Make a Fancy Rice Salad!
- 2 small peppers (one green and one red)
- 1 small tomato
- 1 small onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 small can of tune
- 1 small can of corn
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded cheese (Parmesan or Mozzarella)
- Bread Crumbs
- Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, corn, etc. for decoration
1. First, here is an easy rice salad recipe.
Slice and dice 2 small peppers, one red and one green. Slice and dice a small tomato, you don’t have to remove the skin. And thinly dice a small onion.
Place the peppers, tomato, and onion in you cooking pan, add one teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper (adjust to your taste) and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Cook uncovered on medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. You will also need 3 cups of cooked rice. Add a small can of tuna, a small can of corn, a ¼ cup of grated cheese like parmesan or mozzarella, and the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
3. Take a baking pan and brush it with vegetable oil, then cover it with bread crumbs. Tap gently the pan to remove any excess bread crumbs.
Tightly pack the rice salad in the baking pan and place it in a hot oven, preheated at 350 degrees F, for 10 minutes.
4. Once you remove your baking pan from the oven, put a plate over it and flip it. Gently remove the baking pan and… here you go! A perfect rice cake. Decorate with lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, and some corn and let your table shine!