050 – Chocolate Bites – Valentines Specials
Prep time :
Cook time :
- 10 oz of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- Steps to prepare the chocolate bites:
1- Melt the chocolate in a ‘bain marie’ (boiling water below and a container with chocolate on top) and add the butter.
2- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Make sure that the egg whites dont contain any drops from the egg yolks, otherwise it will not foam if whipped.
3- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get an off-white mixture.
4- Incorporate the chocolate mixture to the egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
5- Add the flour and salt. Mix well.
6- Beat the white eggs until they triple their volume and you end up with a white thick foam. Make sure that the beater is clean and dry.
7- Gently incorporate the white eggs foam into the chocolate mixture.
8- Put a wax paper on your baking pan and place the baking cups. Fill the baking cups with the chocolate batter.
9- Preheat your oven at 400 degrees, and bake the chocolate bites for 10 minutes.
- Steps to prepare the strawberry sauce:
1- Mix the strawberries, sugar, and orange blossom water until you get a thick puree.
- Tip: experiment with different temperatures and times to get you ideal consistency of this cake. If you prefer a chocolate bite with a fudgy center, then bake it at 360 degrees for 10 minutes.
Serve the chocolate bites with the strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Enjoy!