136 – Chocolate-Peanut Easter Eggs Recipe – Moroccan Style!
- 1 pound of roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of dried fruit pieces (raisins, dried apples, dried apricots, dried peaches, etc.)
- Orange blossom water
- Dark Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Food Colorants
Note: If you can not find peanuts already roasted, bake raw peanuts in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Stir the peanuts once or twice during cooking time.
1. Mix the peanuts and powdered sugar using a food processor until you get a mixture with a fine texture.
2. Place the peanut mixture in a big bown and add the dried fruits (or candied fruits). Mix well.
3. Add the orange blossom water little by little to the peanut mixture, mix with your hand until you get a smooth paste. Let the peanut paste rest on the counter for 15 minutes.
4. Shape the peanut mixture into egg shapes with a flat base so they can stand. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie, where the bowl containing the chocolate is placed over a saucepan with boiling water.
6. Dip the peanut eggs in dark chocolate or white chocolate. Let them cool down in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
Once the chocolate hardens, paint the white chocolate eggs with food colorant.
Serve cold! Bonne appetit!