134 – Gazelle Horns Covered with Sesame Seeds / “Kab-El-Ghazal” Recipe
- 1 pound of blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground mastic gum
- 2 egg whites
- sesame seeds
1. Mix the blanched almonds and sugar using a food processor
2. Once the almond mixture has a powdey texture, add the orange blossom water, butter, cinnamon and mastic gum, and mix well until you get a smooth almond paste
3. Shape the almond paste into rolls that are 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide (it will make around 35 almond paste rolls)
4. Dip each almond paste roll in egg whites and cover it with sesame seeds.
Place the rolls on a baking pan with parchment paper and shape them into a crescent.
5. Preheat your oven to 360 F degrees. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes.
Note: when the cookies are still hot they are soft, but as they coold down, they become chewy. Do not overbake the cookies. Let the cookies cool down before serving with Mint tea!