157 – Ground Lamb Meat Skewers Recipe
- 1 pound of ground lamb meat (preferably a piece from the shoulder of a lamb)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 nutmeg, to be freshly grated
- Slices of onions and tomatoes to be grilled and seasoned with salt & pepper, as a side
1- Mix all the ingredients together: meat, onion, vegetable, oil, parsley, mint, cumin, paprika, salt, and freshly grated nutmeg. Mix with your hands until all the ingredients are combined.
2- The next step is to prepare the skewers. Mold small amounts of the meat around each skewer, forming 4-inch long cylinders.
3- Grill over charcoal, an outdoor grill, or a grilling plate placed over your stove. If you are using a grilling plate, melt some butter on the surface for the meat not to stick. Make sure that the grilling tool is hot before placing the skewers to cook.
4- Cook each side of the skewers for few seconds until the meat gets a brown grilled look. Make sure not to overcook, the meat should be juicy and soft (otherwise, it will be hard).
5- Serve with the grilled onion and tomato slices as well as Moroccan or French bread!