Loubia - Moroccan White Beans
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 3
- Complexity: easy
- 1 can of cannellini beans (white beans)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 large pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (to taste)
Add the tomatoes to the onions and let them cook for another 2 minutes while stirring.
Add the parsley, cilantro, garlic, tomato paste, spices, and the water to the pan. Mix all the ingredients.
Wash and drain the beans, then add them to the pan.
Cover your pan and let the beans cook for the next 20 minutes. From time to time, stir the beans and check the level of water.
Serve loubia hot with bread. Enjoy!
A note on Cannellini Beans (white beans):
If you are using dry white beans, make sure to soak them overnight. Boil them until they become tender before using them in this recipe.