Fish Filet Essaouira Style
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: very easy
- 2 white fish filet (tilapia, catfish, etc.)
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 2 minced garlice cloves
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
Slice the onion, tomato and lemon.
Put the onion slices in a baking dish and add one fish filet on top of them.
Add the ginger powder, cumin, garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice and half of the salt to the fish filet.
Cover the first fish filet with the second fish filet.
Put the slices of tomato and lemon alternately on top of the fish.
Add the rest of the salt, the pepper and the rosemary to the whole dish.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 45 mn - 1 hour at 375 degrees.