Moroccan Baked Fish with Charmoula
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: easy
- 1 whole cleaned striped bass (or any other whole fish of your 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 medium potatoes - peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper - cut into small strips
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 tomato - sliced
- 1 lemon - sliced
- Charmoula (Moroccan marinade):
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (to taste)
Wash the fish with salt and lemon, then rinse it with water. Make 3 deep cuts on the fish.
Mix all the ingredients of the chamoula in a bowl.
In a baking pan place the potato slices. Put the fish on top or the potatoes.
Cover the fish (from the top and inside) with half of the charmoula.
Place the rest of the vegetables around and on top of the fish. Pour the rest of the charmoula over the vegetables.
Cover the fish with aluminum paper and let it bake in the oven at 350 F for 1 hour.