Moroccan Spring Rolls with Tuna and Potatoes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 5
- Complexity: easy
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 10 oz of tuna in water (drain the tuna from its liquid)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of capers (can be replaced by small pieces of preserved lemons or gherkins
- Spring roll pastry
- 1 egg (to make an egg wash mix the egg with 1 tablespoon water)
- Oil for frying
Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they become tender.
On medium heat, drizzle the olive oil in a pan, and cook the onion until it becomes golden brown.
Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them from the water and place them in a big bowl. Mash the potatoes with a fork.
Add the onion, tuna, parsley, spices, and capers to the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
Roll the spring rolls.
Layer your filling on the edge of the wrapper closest to you.
Gently pull away the edge of wrapper from work surface and roll over the filling.
Fold both sides of the wrapper to the center.
Slowly start to roll away from you. Brush the end of the roll with egg wash and close.
To cook the spring rolls brush the rolls with melted butter, preheat the oven at 400 F degrees, and bake until they become golden brown.
Heat vegetable oil, and fry the spring rolls until they become golden brown. Remove excess oil with towel paper.