208 – Moroccan Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 0.6 pound (300 grams) fresh tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon (to taste)
- Peel of 1 quarter preserved lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon slat, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
Step 1: Preparing the Ingredients
1- The secret of the salad is how small you can chop the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. When they are chopped into small pieces, then you get all of them in a bit and it makes a huge difference!
2- Chop the tomatoes (with the skin), the cucumber, and yellow onion into very small pieces.
3- Chop the preserved lemon peel (not the pulp) into very small pieces. If you dont have preserved lemon you can just skip it.
Step 2: Mixing the Ingredients
1- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together: tomatoes, cucumber, onion, preserved lemon peel, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, olive oil, and spices. Mix well. Taste and adjust the spices accordingly.
Step 3: Serving the Salad
1- You can serve the salad in a bowl along with French baguette or Moroccan bread.
2- You can make it look fancy by plating it using a large cookie cutter that you put on a plate, fill it with the salad, pack, then slowly remove the cookie cutter. The salad will be shaped nicely.