100 – Yogurt Lemon Cake Recipe
Prep time :
Cook time :
Note: All of the ingredients are measured with a cup of yogurt
- 1 cup of light flavored yogurt (can also use lemon or vanilla)
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Grate the lemon to get the zest.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Beat the sugar with the egg yolks until the volume of the egg yolks doubles and you get a whitish mixture.
- Add the vegetable oil, yogurt and lemon zest to the egg yolk mixture.
- Sift the flour into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the baking powder and stir until combined.
- Add the salt to the egg whites and beat the egg whites until you get white stiff peaks.
- Incorporate the egg white mixture until the egg yolk/flour mixture.
- Brush your cake pan with vegetable oil and spread some flour on it.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Ensure the cake is cooked by piercing it with a skewer or knife and it should the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes before removing from mold.