284 – Rich and Moist Chocolate Cake / كيك الشيكولاتة الرطبة
- 1 cup (128 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 grams) white granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2Tablespoons (heaping) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick (113 grams) butter
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) buttermilk
- 1 whole beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frosting: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Frosting: 1 stick (113 grams) butter
- Frosting: 2 tablespoons (heaping) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Frosting: 3 tablespoons milk
- Frosting: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frosting: 1/2 pound (200 grams) powdered sugar
Step 1: Making the batter
1- In a large bowl, sift the flour. Add the sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
2- In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, add the cocoa powder and mix well.
3- Add boiling water to the butter and cocoa mixture. Continue cooking and boil for 30 seconds while stirring.
4- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well.
5- In a separate small bowl, mix the buttermlik, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix with a whisk.
6- Add the egg mixture to the flour-cocoa mixture. Mix with a whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated.
7- Place the batter in a baking pan covered with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven at 360 F / 180 C for 25 minutes or until done. You know the cake is done as when you touch the surface of the cake it feels firm but the center it still a little soft to keep a yummy chocolate center in the cake.
Step 2: Making the Frosting
1- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on medium heat.
2- Add the cocoa powder to the butter and mix well.
3- Turn off the heat then add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Stir to combine.
4- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
Step 3: Final Steps
1- Place a plate over the baking pan, and flip to remove the cake. Remove the parchment paper.
2- Pour the icing over the cake.
3- Let the cake cool down to reach room temperature. Serve with vanilla ice cream!!! Bon appetit!
Recipe from kitchenrunway.com