451 – Grilled Lamb Chops / شرائح لحم الضأن المشوية
- 6 large lamb chops (or 12 small ones)
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and quartered
- A small handful of fresh cilantro
- A small handful of fresh parsley
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ras-El-Hanout
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon zest (optional)
Step 1: Make the Marinade
1- In a food processor, combine the onion, cilantro, parsley, mint leaves, cumin, Ras-El-Hanout, paprika, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add the vegetable oil. Mix until you get the thick paste.
Step 2: Marinate the Chops
1- Place the lamb chops in a large dish and rub the marinade on each lamb chop, on both sides.
2- Cover and chill in the fridge at least 2 hours.
Step 3: Grill the Chops
1- Heat up the grill to medium-high heat.
2- Place the lamb chops in the grill, and cook to desired doneness around 3-5 minutes per side.
3- Top the lamb chops with lemon zest and chopped herbs. Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.