213 – Doenjang JJigae (Soup) – Korean Recipe
- 1/3 cup Asian soy bean paste / miso paste
- 4-5 dried anchovies
- 1/4 cup clams (you can use frozen clams)
- 100 grams (4 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 100 grams (4 oz) firm tofu
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 white onion (cubed)
- 1 small potato (peeled and cubed)
- 4 cups (1 liter) water
- Soy sauce (to taste)
Step 1: Making the Broth
1- Pour the water in a sauce pan.
2- Add the red bean paste to the saucepan and dilute it in the water.
3- Add the dried anchovies, the clams, and the potatoes to the saucepan.
4- Cook on medium-high heat until it reaches a boiling point. Boil for around 5 minutes.
5- Remove the dried anchovies from the broth and discard.
6- Using a spoon, remove the foam from the surface to keep a clear broth.
Step 2: Adding the Rest of Ingredients
1- Add the mushrooms, the tofu, and onion cubes to the broth. Continue cooking on medium-high heat for another 10 minutes.
2- Add the chopped green onions and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
3- Serve immediately – still hot.