263 – Goat Cheese Tostada with Date Jam / جبن الماعز توستادا مع مربة التمر
- Date Jam: 1 big cup pitted dates (coarsely chopped)
- Date Jam: 1/2 red onion (diced)
- Date Jam: 1/2 cup orange juice
- Date Jam: 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Date Jam: 2 tablespoons honey
- Date Jam: pinch of cinnamon
- 1 baguette
- Fresh goat cheese
- Marcona almonds (or regular toasted or fried almonds)
Step 1: Making the Date Jam
Note: Recipe courtsey of Chef Sandra Cordero from the Cordero Negro
1- Sweat red onions in a small saucepan with a little salt.
2- Chop the dates coarseley and add to the saucepan.
3- Add orange and lemon juice. Add honey and cinnamon. Mix well.
4- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes until you get a smooth jam texture.
5- Place in a bowl, cover, and let cool in the fridge before using.
Step 2: Preparing the Tostada
1- Right before serving, slice the baguette. Place the slices in a baking pan, drizzle some olive oil on top, and toast in the oven until crispy.
2- Smear the toasted baguette slices with fresh goat cheese.
3- Top with a bit of the date jam.
4- Sprinkle with chopped marcona almonds.