102 – Roast Breast of Lamb Moroccan style Recipe
- 3 pounds of lamb breast
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of smen (ghee) – clarified butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- A large pinch of saffron
1. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
2. Mix the spices in 1/2 cup of water.
3. Make few slits in the meat. Cover the meat with the spice mix and the garlic.
4. In a cooking pan, cook the meat with the vegetable oil, clarified butter, and the onion. Add 2 cups of water to the meat.
5. Cover the pan and let the meat cook on high heat until fully cooked (that will take approximately 1 hour). Rotate the meat from time to time in the pan so it is cooked from all sides.
6. Once the meat is cooked, place it in a baking pan and pour few tablespoons of the sauce on top.
7. Broil the meat in the oven for 5 minutes.
8. Pour the rest of the sauce on the meat and serve immediately.