210 – Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe (the best ever!)
- 2 cups (500 ml) cold milk
- 4.5 oz (127 grams) of dark chocolate (at least 52% cocoa content)
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder, a pinch of red chili pepper, a pinch of ground cloves
Step 1: Heating the Milk with the Spices
1- Place the milk in a saucepan. Add the spices, sugar, and cocoa powder. You can adjust the spices to your taste.
2- Heat the milk over medium heat, until it reaches a boiling point. Stir from time to time.
3- Turn off the heat right when the milk starts boiling. Let the milk sit (heat off) for 3 minutes to get the full flavors of the spices.
Step 2: Melting the Dark Chocolate
1- Using a kitchen knife, chop the chocolate.
2- On low heat, add the chocolate to the milk mixture little by little, while stirring, until the chocoalte melts into the milk. Make sure to do this on low heat otherwise the chocolate would burn.
3- Serve immediately in small cups for drinking or large cups for dunking cookies!