269 – Vegetarian Filling Recipe – Briwat Special Episode 2 / البريوات بالحشوة النباتية
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion (peeled and grated)
- 2 medium-sized carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 medium-sized zucchini (grated)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon read chili pepper (to taste)
Step 1: Preparing the Ingredients
1- Peel and an grate (using the large grating wholes) the onion and carrots.
2- Grate (using the large grating wholes) the zucchini.
Step 2: Cooking the Vegetables
1- In a flat pan, add the vegetable oil, olive oil, grated onion, grated carrots, finely chopped cilantro, crushed garlic, salt, paprika, ground cumin, and red chili pepper. Mix all the ingredients.
2- Place the pan on medium-high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3- Now add the grated zuchhini. We add the zucchini later because it takes less time to cook the zucchini than the carrots. Mix the carrots and the zucchini and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Note: the total cooking time of the vegetables is 10 minutes.
4- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place in a bowl. Let the filling cool down before you can use it to fill the Phyllo dough or Warka to make Briwat.