437- Beef Tagine with Green Peas / طاجين اللحم و الجلبانة
- 300 grams (11 oz.) beef fillet slices, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ of onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and cilantro, mixed
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100 gams (2/3 cup) shelled green peas
- ½ preserved lemon (no pulp, rind only), rinsed and thinly sliced
- 6 purple olives
1- In a tagine plate, combine the meat chunks, vegetable oil, olive oil, chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped parsley and cilantro, and spices. Mix well.
2- Cover and brown the meat, on medium heat, for around 10 minutes.
3- Add 1/2 cup (100 ml) of boiling water and the green peas to the meat. Cover the tagine and cook for another 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Check on the tagine from time to time and add water if necessary; there should always be enough liquid for the meat to fully cook.
4- Once the meat is done, top with preserved lemon pulp and olives. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
5- Serve immediately with crusty bread.