Alia’s Tips: Light Moroccan Baked Fish Express!
Hi this is Alia and today’s tip comes directly from my latest trip to Morocco: super light and super express Moroccan baked fish!
- Cleaned small/medium whole fish (example: whiting)
- Garlic Cloves (grated)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Olive Oil
- A little bit of water or lemon juice
1. First we are going to make the marinade. Grate one garlic clove. Add a little bit of pepper and salt (to taste), and finally add the secret ingredient which is oregano.
To dilute the marinade, add a little bit of water or lemon juice, and olive oil.
That’s it, mix the marinade and cover your fish that was already placed in a baking pan.
2. Here, we are preparing two whiting and another medium fish. The fish needs to be cleaned but keep it whole with the skin. For medium sized fish and bigger, make sure to cut slits on it so that the marinade gets in the flesh.
And if you like oregano, sprinkle more on top of the fish. I personally love it and always think I should have added more!
Now, cover your baking pan with foil and place the fish in the oven preheated at 400 F degrees. Bake for around 15 minutes and it’s ready to serve.