104 – Beignets Recipe – Best Doughnuts Ever!
- 12 oz. of flour
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of dried yeast
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sugar for decoration
1. Dilute the yeast in 1 tbsp warm water, mix with a fork.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a stand mixture using a dough hook. If you don’t have a stand mixture you can knead the dough by hand until you get a non-sticky malleable dough.
3. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour and if it is too hard, add more liquid.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Place some flour on your workstation.
6. Roll the dough into a thin layer for thin and crispy doughnuts and a medium-thick layer for soft and spongy doughnuts.
7. To shape the doughnuts make a large circle with a small circle inside using cookie cutters or other utensils.
8. After you shape the doughnuts, remove the excess dough and roll again to make more doughnuts.
9. Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for 30 minutes – 1hour or until the doughnuts gain some volume.
10. Heat the oil in a pan on high heat.
11. When the oil is hot start frying the doughnuts.
12. Fry the doughnuts on both sides until they become golden brown.