262 – Chilled Tomato Gazpacho / جازباتشو الطماطم
- 2 pounds (900 grams) ripe tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup cubed day old bread (crust removed)
- 1 small red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 persian cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 1 small garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Jerez vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Prepping the Ingredients
Note: Recipe courtsey of Chef Sandra Cordero from the Cordero Negro
1- Clean, cut out core at top, and chop the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, and shallot.
2- Soak bread in water, then squeeze out excess of water from the bread.
Step 2: Blending the Ingredients
1- Mix all the ingredients and place in a blender.
2- Add olive oil, vinegar, and water.
3- Also add garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
4- Blend well all ingredients until you get a smooth texture.
5- Pour the gazpacho through a strainer into a pitcher, to get rid of all the clumps and have a smooth texture.
6- Cover the gazpacho and chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
7- Serve in small or medium glasses and garnish with diced cucumber or/and chives.
Serve cold. Bon Appetit!