265 – Lamb Meatballs / كرات لحم الضأن
It’s summer time. It’s tapas time! Check out this special Summer Tapas Series with my friend Chef Sandra Cordero from The Cordero Negro (www.facebook.com/chefsandracordero). Fourth Tapas in our series of 5 Tapas are delicious lamb meatballs!
- 1 pound (450 grams) ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 16 spanish olives (Manzanilla) chopped
- 2 tablespoons Marcona almonds (or roasted almonds) chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or mint (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional – replace with sweet paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Note: Recipe courtsey of Chef Sandra Cordero
1- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat.
2- Add chopped onion and cook until golden brown.
3- Add chopped garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
4- Remove the onion and garlic from heat. Add to a bowl along with lamb, egg, breadcrumbs, chopped olives, chopped almonds, chopped mint, spices, salt and pepper.
5- Mix thoroughly and form into small meatballs.
6- Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
7- Brown meatballs until golden.
Serve as is or with aioli sauce. Bon Appetit!