307 – Cajuzinhos – Brazilian Peanut Bonbons / بنبون الفول السودانى البرازيلية
- 200 grams ground roasted peanuts
- 1 can (395 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 generously filled kitchen tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (if using U.S. tablespoons it would be around 4)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (or regular butter + pinch of salt)
- Refined, powdered, or regular white sugar
Step 1 – Making the Cajuzinhos Mixture:
1- Place the ground peanut powder in a bowl. You can buy it from the store or make it yourself: roast the peanuts and ground them into a powder.
2- Add the cocoa powder and salted butter (or regular butter + pinch of salt).
3- Add the sweetened condensed milk little by litte. Mix well with a spatula and your hands until all ingredients are well integrated. You will have a peanut dough that is moist but that you can still roll into balls.
Step 2 – Making Cajuzinhos:
1- Roll the peanut mixture it into cylindar or balls (the size of a small walnut).
2- Roll the balls in sugar. Add a roasted peanut at the top-center of the cylindar to make it look like a caju fruit!
3- Place in small paper cups and serve!