290 – White Chocolate Coconut Truffles / كرات الشوكولاتة البيضاء وجوز الهند
- 8.8 oz (250 grams) white chocolate
- 2.5 oz (75 grams) heavy cream
- 2/3 cups (50 grams) of natural unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- More natural unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling
This recipe makes around 30 truffles.
Step 1: Making the Ganache
1 – Place the heavy cream in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat until it reaches boiling point.
2 – Pour the hot cream immediately over the white chocolate (in a large bowl), add the vanilla, and let it sit for 1 minute. Then using a spatula, mix them together until the chocolate has completely melted.
3 – Add the coconut and mix well.
4 – Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, place in the fridge, and let the ganache cool down in the fridge for 1 hour.
Step 2: Making the Truffles
1 – Using small spoons, scoop the cold chocolate ganache into small balls and roll these sweet beauties in coconut.
2 – Keep the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.